Debile (formely know as debuild.me) is a project started by Paul Tagliamonte to provide a simple rebuild infrastructure for deb packages.
During the Summer 2013, Léo Cavaillé and Sylvestre Ledru worked on a new version of debile to perform automatic and transparent rebuild of the Debian archive. The goal was twofold:
- Rebuild packages with an alternative C/C++/Objective-C compiler (clang in this case) to continue the work started on clang.debian.net
- Launch static analyzers (clang analayzer/scan-build, coccinelle, etc) on the code of the Debian packages.
The debile project now aims to:
- Normal rebuild
- clang rebuild including a repository with the output
- DDA (Debian Debile Archive): A Debian PPA (Personal Package Archives from Ubuntu)
- Static analyzers on the code
- Testing of transitions (unstable => testing) - TODO
The name debile
has been proposed by Stefano Zacchiroli
. It can mean "DEBian Infrastructure LayEr".
is providing all the hosting and most of the hardware. Thanks!